Sunday, February 1, 2009

China Dumplings


My friend Diane found a great recipe for Chinese dumplings, so of course we had to have a reunion with all our dear friends who traveled to China to teach English this summer. We met on a sunny and chilly January Saturday and laughed, talked, looked at pictures from China and shared memories of our adventure. The dumplings were delicious and brought back the rich flavors and smells of that unique country; the crowds, the sweaty heat, the lack of sanitation necessities, the food that looked back at you with beady little eyes, the mysterious odors... the pale pink lotus blossoms, the brilliant smiles of the children, the silky smoothness of cloth spun from cocoon threads, fireworks against inky black skies, fancy English signs that made us laugh, the views from high atop a pagoda, the precious pearls and precious friendships...China, we miss you.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

grandma jeannine said...

I enjoyed your post, Lisa. I was reminded of the fish that I ordered when I was in China...your "beady little eyes" comment. Love you!