Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Golfing in Palmer, Alaska


I wonder how many golf balls are in that field?


The Matanuska Glacier


I was the photographer, clicking away as Terry and a friend played 18 holes at the Palmer Golf Course last weekend. Logan was the caddy. As you can see, the course is in the country, right next to some picturesque barns and potato fields and a noisy little airport. It's a pretty skinny course with overlapping holes. We had to watch out for balls coming from the other direction. When we peeked through the trees on holes number 7 and 8, we could see the braided streams of the Matanuska River winding its way down from the glacier.

Terry wanted me to capture his "birdie" putt on video. Way to go, Ter!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Good job dad- I would bet 100 bucks that I would NOT make the shot :0)
It is so beautiful there, we can't wait to come! I love the shot of the red barn- I love that barn
lindsers