Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Farewell of Flowers


The lovely staff at my former elementary school gave me this gorgeous bouquet of tulips and daffodils in a beautiful cut-glass vase. The design is of a raven, to represent Ravenwood Elementary and my 15 years spent there. The flowers showed up in my new office cubby one cold February day. I was geniunely surprised and touched. (As of January, I have been working as a literacy support teacher for my school district and learning to appreciate opportunities for growth and new experiences.) I'll always have a special spot in my heart for Ravenwood and the awesome people who work there, giving so much of themselves to students and their families.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

grandma jeannine said...

That's so lovely, Lisa, that your colleagues did that. Feeling recognized and appreciated is a big part of Teacher's Pay.

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Oh wow, I didn't realize you weren't at Ravenwood anymore. Sounds like a fun job. You were a great asset at Ravenwood.

I love all your new posts....your fun in AZ and Utah and grandkids.