We felt pretty brave - three women in a rented jeep without a clear clue of where we were going. Did we get lost? Yup. But, we always managed to figure things out, thanks to a map, cell phones and the power of prayer. At one point, I managed to leave my wallet, with all of my money, credit cards and identification at a spot we stopped to take pictures at. I didn't realize it was gone until we had traveled several miles down the road. A prayer was said, we turned around and, miracle of miracles, the wallet was still where I'd left it - perched in plain sight on a rock fence post. I know I was blessed.
We packed a lot into our short "mini-vacation." All too soon, as they say, it was over. We left trees white with blossoms and blue skies and returned to trees white with snow and ice and the winter blues. Goodbye Arizona.

No comments:
Post a Comment