Joy! Logan returned home from Little Rock Arkansas, after serving an honorable mission, on November 19, 2013. I fiddled with the camera and waited impatiently for his plane to disembark and nearly drove Terry crazy with my last minute instructions about how to carefully film the reunion scene. "Hold the camera steady...don't zoom in too close, etc. etc." I can't put into words the rush of feelings that filled my heart when I finally saw his tall frame, blond hair and smiling face round the corner of the security hallway and stride towards me with open arms. "I didn't think you'd be here," he said. (It's true, I was scheduled to be in a college class, but I sent a last minute email to the instructor explaining that I needed to be at the airport for an important family event.) "I wouldn't miss this," I replied, "Welcome home!" He gave me a big hug and whispered, "I love you Mom." I returned his love and then let his father hug him. I did not hold the camera steady as I filmed the father and son reunion...



A kind stranger offered to take these photos for us. He said he wasn't a member, but had witnessed many missionary homecomings and wished us all well...
No comments:
Post a Comment