
The day was chilly, wet and overcast. My face was as green as the dark water lapping against the shore. Rocks churned inside my stomach. No one else in our party of eleven seemed quite as effected by the ocean voyage. No one else was holding a little paper sack while leaning over the back end of the boat, letting bitter cold sea breezes wash over them wishing they could somehow be anywhere else but here - rocking up and down, up and down... Yet, in spite of queasiness and gloomy skies, I saw dolphins, seabirds, seals, walrus, puffins, orcas and grey whales. Standing on the deck, I heard the crack and low boom of glacial slabs splashing into the cold ocean and saw million year old ice bobbing in front of an immense blue glacier.
1 comment:
Great description Mom, I can actually feel the rocks in my stomach. :)
Looey
Post a Comment