Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Eiffel Tower

Tami, Nancy and David have breakfast under the shadow of the tower

Tami and Nancy walking to the Eiffel Tower


The pattern of girders and beams

It's really tall!

Nancy gazing upwards from the second observation deck

June 7th - We took the metro to the Eiffel Tower neighborhood, grabbed some yummy pastries from a corner patisserie, and ate breakfast on a park bench. Nancy and I walked up 300 steps to the second observation deck and then took an elevator 700 steps to the top. The day was overcast, but it was still fun to look for Paris landmarks in the vast cityscape.

1 comment:

grandma jeannine said...

Did Dave and Tami tell you and Nancy how different was their visit to the Eiffel Tower when they went with Dad and I in 2003? We literally froze that night (the first of January). I am enjoying your photos...nice to see Europe through your camera's lens. Love you!