Saturday, August 9, 2008
Nanging Foreign Language School-Xianlin Campus - July 5-July 19
This is the school where we taught English for twelve days. The students were attending a summer enrichment camp. In addition to enhancing their English skills, they could choose to take roller blading, folk dancing, kung fu, pottery, drawing and magic classes. They stayed overnight at the school and visitied the library and the swimming pool. Soda pop, candy and icecream were sold at the student store and I think the kids had the idea that the camp was mostly "fun and games." Discipline was sometimes a challenge as I competed with treats, comic books and magic tricks for the student's attention. I taught songs and dances, played all kinds of vocabulary games and read book after book to them. My third grade class was chosen to perform in the closing program and they were so cute as they clapped, rolled their hands, and put their hands on their hips to the song, "Beautiful Me," a song I made up about body parts and the five senses. I had several "naughty boys," in my second grade class who made teaching even more difficult...still, in the end, I fell in love with them and cried when I had to say good-bye. I wish them all a wonderful and happy life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love all the school pictures mom! I love you!
linds
Post a Comment