Our tour included a stop at the Dragon Well Green Tea Plantation. Tea plantations are out in the country, far away from city pollution and heavy traffic. Hillsides lush with green tea bushes stood out against the clear, pale blue skies. Several teachers bought bags of "dragon tea," leaves supposedly rich with anti-oxidant properties. I didn't drink any, but I did give my eyes a "tea bath," by leaning over a steaming glass of hot water and tea leaves. I don't know if it helped me see better, but it was nice to relax for a minute.
1 comment:
When I visited a tea plantation, I was amazed at how quickly the fellow could move his hand around that hot metal bowl in order to keep it from being burned. I don't recall exactly why he had to do it, though. I guess it was roasting the tea leaves or something.
Post a Comment